Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thanksgiving Tree

This Thanksgiving little man is at the age where he can grasp the idea of "thankfulness." I want to stress to him the importance of being thankful for everything that God has given us. 

This season I came across tons of different ideas of a Thanksgiving tree. I thought it would be a wonderful way to visualize everything we have to be so thankful for this season in our life!

{you can see my inspirations here here  & here}



I started with a vase filled with acorns from our yard. Little man had fun helping me collect sticks for the branches {and I am sure daddy is happy that he doesnt have to do it before he mows next}!

Then we sat down and though about the things we are thankful for and wrote them on double sided scrapbook paper. Add a hole punch and some ribbon and we had our blessings to hang!
Some of what you may find: Jesus providing all of our needs, superheros, fruit, our beautiful boys, daddy reds mustache, fruit, family, astro boy & grace. 

Then I used chipboard letters and scrapbook paper to make a give thanks sign. I punched a hole and tied some twine through and tied it to the tree.

We will add things daily to remind little man {and ourselves} of all of our blessings we have to be thankful for! 



post signature

2 comments:

Stephanie M said...

that is SUCH a cute and GREAT idea!!! and i LOVE that he is thankful for daddy red's mustache LOL!!

Happy Homemaker And Momma said...

Newest follower-thanks for following me and my Bundle of Fat quarters giveaway!!!