Thursday, December 31, 2009

Potty Training Diaries: Day 1

Well today marks day one of our potty training adventure. If Ms. Lora Jensen is correct, this should only last 3 days. 



We are at the close of the first day, and to say that I am exhausted, would be the understatement of the year. I have spent every waking moment of the day with my eyes glued to my child, repeating "If you need to go potty, be sure and tell mommy. We want to keep our underwear dry!"  Stopping only to have a "quick test" to get him to check his undies and praise him for their dryness.
We had a day full of accidents, spot cleaning carpet, running to the potty, and changing sheets. I have to just keep reminding myself, that he will catch on. I have read and re-read the 3 day potty training e-book and am trying to stay positive. I have to totally agree with her in that 80% of the prolonging of the potty training process is the parents fault, not the child's. She also says that the perfect age to potty train any child is 22months and that it is actually harder to potty train a child at little man's age (2.5) because they are in the habit of going in a diaper. I can attest to that.

Day 2 begins tomorrow and I am now going to bed to wake up rested and positive about tomorrow! I have a fridge stocked with fun different fluids to keep him excited about drinking all day and a bag full of prises for the exciting times he will go in the potty!

I will keep you posted...





post signature

No comments: