Saturday, May 30, 2009

Splish Splash Birthday Bash!!

My sweet, sweet little man is 2!!! I tear up as my hands type those very words! Oh, it feels like yesterday that I was holding that sweet boy for the first time, knowing my life would never be the same. I cannot express what a joy these 2 years have been and how my cup overflows.


HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!!


We celebrated his birthday at a splashground near by. It was the BEST place to have a party!! It was free (!!), had the splashgounds, a regular playground, covered pavilion, and huge acreage for games such a bocce ball, washers, Frisbee and baseball! We will definitely frequent here this summer!


HANDMADE INVITATIONS



I made these invites by hand! I love the special touch of handmade invites!


CAKE


Well, I guess I have done something right as a mother. Little man wanted nothing to do with the cupcakes :-/ My wonderful husband designed the cake and completely took care of it for me!


FOOD



We had yummy turkey dogs! Daddy did a great job grilling- little man ate 3!!!


FRIENDS AND FAMILY





























We were honored to have our loving families and dearest friends there to help celebrate! We had fun playing washers, bocce ball and Frisbee!


PARTY FAVORS

I put together cute little party favors for the kiddos. The buckets had ice cream cone shaped bowls and spoons, water splash balls, mini Frisbees, sidewalk chalk, play dough and crayons. The kiddos loved them!!

SPLASHGROUNDS









These pictures need no words! We had a blast splashing and the kiddos loved it!! (well, except for little man...LOL. He spent his time on the regular playground!!) Isn't it beautiful!


PRESENTS



Little man got so many presents it felt like Christmas!!

(Umbrella stroller, bubble machine, TONS of Mellisa & Doug puzzles, toy shopping cart, toddler bedding, play dough, color wonder set, Dino rice crispy set, bubble mower, sprinkler toy, much needed clothes, magna-doodle, Melissa & Doug train, Lego's, wooden play food, Letter magnets, sidewalk chalk and a whole room organization overhaul from Ikea to store it all! LOL!)


post signature


6 comments:

sunnymama said...

Happy Birthday to your little man! Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Fantastic pictures :)

Dee said...

Looks like a blast! Happy Birthday and I'm lovin the cake!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Happy birthday! Looks like the perfect celebration. I love all the photos and stories on your blog.

Jo Brock said...

Looks like I have done something wrong as a mother then...my girls LOVE cupcakes!
Looks like it was a perfect party for the little guy! Good job!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Looks like he had a great b-day! I'm totally impressed by the cake!

Kekibird said...

What a great looking party! The invitations were beautiful (I make cards too so my heart about skipped a beat when I saw them!) and the water park looked like so much fun.

Happy Birthday little guy and thanks for sharing.