After attending a "Baby Wearing" workshop at a local baby boutique, I became very interested in slings, wraps and carriers. I quickly learned to make my own carriers, which birthed my boutique 2 by 2 Boutique.
Quick facts about baby wearing:
- Better for their motor, emotional, and cognitive development
- Frees up your hands for chores and other children
- discrete, hands-free nursing is easy
- Can navigate places a stroller can't and is easily stowed away in your bag
- Great for cuddling and is fun too!
Here is a great video of stroller vs. wrap from the baby's perspective:
Check out this mama from the 60's and her wrap collection for "baby toting!"
My Homemade reversible Mei-Tei with pockets and sleeping hood:
For more information or to get a wrap of your very own, visit http://www.2by2boutique.com/!