Friday, August 13, 2010

Eating Raw: Week 3

Well I can honestly say I feel better than I ever have in my entire life. You don't realize how horrible you have been feeling, until you feel truly wonderful! I am finding more and more yummy recipes that I love and wanted to share some yummies with you!

Mediterranean Wrap with Red Pepper Hummus

Inside of my night 2 version

yummy Greek salad I made night 2

Made some yummy salsa

Desserts have been my weakness for as long as I can remember. Making this yummy peach cobbler and cinnamon soft serve hit the spot!! And it is so great for you!

Peach Cobbler
The yummy inside before the topping. These are the wonderful peaches from my mothers tree!

finished!

just look at that!

Cinnamon soft serve
I made this by using the frozen banana soft serve I posted about here and added cinnamon and honey- it was divine!

What a dessert, huh?


I made this yummy fruit salad from pears and peaches from my mothers fruit trees and yummy strawberries from sprouts! It felt great eating on a salad for 2 days that cost me only $.99!

My mother gave me one of her dehydrators to use, and it opened up so many more possibilities for me in my raw adventure. Anything that is dehydrated at 115 degrees or less is still considered raw. I can now make "burger patties" and breads, as well as veggie chips and fruit leather! I am so excited!!
My first project was making corn cakes with wilted kale and cheesy chipotle dressing! 
Here they are on the dehydrator sheets


and plated



Then I made some cheesy bread and crackers.

ready to dehydrate

and finished!



And the best for last- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!
Raw, and super healthy!! You even make the chocolate from scratch! YUM!
Recipe here

Also went to bliss again with a great friend- she fell in love with the food!
I had the Rawsagna {my favorite thing so far from there!}
Slices of zucchini and heirloom tomato layered with basil pistachio pesto, sun dried tomato sauce, pignoli ricotta cheese- yum!

She had the Vietnamese Bowl
Kelp noodles tossed in almond sauce garnished with crispy bean sprouts, basil, cilantro, jalapeƱo, lime slices, cashews. Those noodles were amazing!
both- yummy!!! I am hooked!

let me know if you try out any of these recipes and what you think! 
{by the way, I am down 10lbs and 2 dress sizes in 3 weeks! Crazy what eating to live vs living to eat can do to your body!}

post signature

No comments: