Saturday, August 28, 2010

Random sitcom that is my life.

It is late and I am waiting on laundry to finish so please take that into consideration while reading the randomness that I am sure this post will soon ooze. 

I got my hair cut! Not just any old haircut, but actually paid some money and got a good one from Tony & Guy. Wow, is there a difference! 
Down and fixed

A little messy pony action that I am sure will get way more curtain time then the previous photo.

So I was chatting with my lovely hair dresser at Tony & Guy and we somehow got to talking about the shows we watch- more specific, the embarrassing ones. I have a second spouse that has been known to turn me into a tvaholic in the past, but this new temptress has it in for me! I can literally watch season, after season, after season while I sew, blog, edit photos, or enjoy mama time. 

So, I have learned that if you were to see the list of shows I watch without knowing me, you would either be totally confused, have no idea who the heck I am, or worse- have some weird twisted image of me.
What's that? You want to know what I watch? Well, I show you my list if you show me yours... *wink*

For Instance: Laguna Beach, The Hills, The City, Gossip Girl, Real World {ahemevery.season.since.it.startedahem}, 16 & Pregnant, and Teen mom. 
No, I do not work for MTV, I do not get paid to watch the CW, and I am not 15

I have been known to watch: The Next food network star, Cupcake wars, Food network challenge, Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, Chopped, Private Chefs of Beverly hills, 24hr restaurant- well, lets just say FOOD NETWORK
Saddest news? I am now eating raw vegan and can't even say I watch these shows to "learn something." I just sit and stare... 

The Gates, Vampire Diaries, & True Blood anyone? 
Hi, my name is mama mcclure, and I am addicted to cheesy Vampire shows. {group responds, "hi mama mcclure"} WAIT! That would mean I wanted help right? Nah, I'm good. 

The L Word
Nope, not a 30-45 year old lesbian, living in West Hollywood. {But, do you have to be to like that show? *shrugs*} This one is funny because my hairdresser was a "she" and not a lesbian either and confessed to LOVING the show too. 

Bachelor and Bachelorette
I promise myself EVERY.SINGLE.SEASON that I will NEVER watch it again. Alas, season returns and I digress. The hook me in and I cannot miss an episode. 

Desperate housewives, The deep end, Lipstick jungle, Cougar town, Modern family, The office, Lost, Ugly Betty, Brothers and sisters, Community, Drop Dead Diva, Glee
*shakes head and lowers in shame* To think I gave my mom such a hard time for watching SOAPS. 

Prison Break, 24, Whale Wars, Deadliest Catch. 
Nope, not a dude. 

Grey's Anatomy, ER, House, Private Practice, Scrubs
You would think I wouldn't get squeamish and would know what to do with my little man scrapes his knee, huh?!

Castle, Criminal Minds, Cold Case, Dexter
Not a detective... or serial killer. 

Big Love, United States of Tara.
Not a mormon polygamist nor do i have more than one personality {well, that depends on the day I guess}.


Oh, and the reality tv list. Where do i begin?? American Idol, Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef, Biggest loser, America's Next top model, Project Runway, America's Best Dance Crew, Dancing with the Stars, Amazing Race, True Beauty (that one is really embarrassing).
Where does it end???

*exhales deeply* Your turn! Leave your most embarrassing shows in the comments section!

~I shouldn't have to say this, but for anyone's mind that might go there, I DO NOT sit and watch tv all day. The tv is off for most of the day. This is when the kiddos are napping or in bed. Most of these shows I watch an episode here or there, others I love more than a fat kid loves cake. 

post signature

11 comments:

Haffner's World said...

LOVED this post! and it made me feel more human :) and know that I am NOT alone in the tv shows I watch!!!
Bachelor or Bachelorette - have watched almost every season!
Royal Pains, Army Wives, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, Amazing Race, Private Practice, Grey's, Day's of our lives (shame - but I have watched almost every episode since I was a freshman in high school...), Criminal Minds, CSI, The Mentalist, Law in Order, Anything on HGTV or Food Network, 19 Kids and Counting, Tori and Dean, Big Brother,
I also do not sit and watch tv all day - Michael and I used to go and do things at night but now that we have 2 little ones we can't leave the house after 8 so we cuddle and watch tv together!!
Thanks girl!!

Unknown said...

This is great...I will confess here that I have been known to watch some really ridiculous TV...Flavor of Love...starring Flavor Flav looking for love *gross, then all of the spin offs from this show...Rock of Love with Bret Micheals....GROSS. Plus all of the Celebrity Rehabs and Sober Living series...I love your haircut by the way!

Unknown said...

Flavor of Love...."What's That?"...This "gem" features Flavor Flav looking for love, there were 3 seasons, I watched all 3.

natalie said...

oh my girl--this is HILARIOUS!! i'm glad you added your little postscript down there or I really would be wondering! ;) But I would for sure be like this if I had a tivo--or a computer to myself that I could watch at night.

Unknown said...

Strange/mind boggling? Not in the least. I myself love a wide variety of shows and may possibly be labeled for having split personalities thanks to it. Some shows that I have loved in the past have included Ice Road Truckers and Pawn Stars, Star Wars the Clone Wars, Food Network Challenge, Versus Country, and Whale Wars. Now the ones that I'm not embarrassed about would be Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, House, Brothers & Sisters, Two & A Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and I love reruns of Mama's Family. I have to admit that once I was glued to the tv and could not miss an episode but alas we no longer have cable and life has taken over so my tv time is very limited. Thanks for sharing your list and the new haircut is gorgeous. I can't believe how long it is now.

Pam said...

Okay, I have to admit that I don't watch much TV but I love the following shows:
World's Dumbest (watching other people's dumbest moments is amusing)

Big Time Rush (I can't even blame my teen daughter for this one)

Dark Blue (Dylan McDermott rocks my socks)

BTW, I love your hair!

Erin said...

Your hair looks fantastic!

And I thought I watched a lot of TV...You got me beat!

The one show I always get a ration for watching....SURVIVOR! I have seen every single one!!

Dumb Mom said...

Dude. I think we are the same person! Teen Mom is the shiz. And, to go even on sadder step, I watche Made, The Movie this weekend. Like Tivoed it and watched it. For FUN!.

And, Vampire Diaries is like one of my favorite shows. As are the Bachelor/Bachelorette, True Blood, Ugly Betty(I miss it already), Glee, Modern Family, and I could go on, but I'm starting to get embarrassed.

For the record I am 15 (in my mind) and I'd love to work for MTV. I actually do get paid to watch shows on the CW from time to time because I am that addicted.

Dumb Mom said...

And, anyone who watches this many shows deserves a follow.

Jen said...

First of all, your hair is so cute.

And second, I am a totally TV junkie and not just any TV but I LOVE cop dramas like CSI: Miami, The Closer, White Collar, Deep Blue, Covert Affairs, Law and Order...

just to name a few. :)

Stacy Uncorked said...

LOVE the new 'do! I wish we had a Tony & Guy here! :)

You watch a lot of the same shows I do - cool! :)


WW: Future Driver