Thursday, July 29, 2010

Eating Raw: Day 7-10

Things are going surprisingly well! I have crossed the hard "first week" hump, and feel like I am getting in a groove with it. My taste buds are changing, and I am finding such joy in the yummy natural flavors of foods I have eaten my whole life. 

Can I just shout, "I HAVE LOST 8.2LBS IN 8 DAYS!!!" How great is that for rewards?? Clothes I wore before I was pregnant are starting to fit big! 

Found some yummy recipes I wanted to pass on. First up, "Chocomole." Don't freak out, but this is "chocolate pudding" but with an avocado base. {don't worry- you cannot taste the avocado AT ALL!- promise}

Avocado Chocolate Pudding (aka, Chocomole!)
1 ripe avocado, pitted
6-10 dates (depending on size of dates and desired sweetness – I’m usually happy with 8 medjool dates), soaked if necessary
½ tsp vanilla
4 heaping Tbsp cocoa or 2 Tbsp. carob powder
½ cup water
Place all ingredients in a food processor (you can use a blender or Vita, but food processors work much better for this recipe) and begin blending. Drizzle water in, stopping to scrape sides of bowl if need be, until the mixture resembles a thick, chocolate pudding. Let it continue mixing until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
I also whipped up some pasta alfredo with mushrooms, spinach and sun dried tomatoes- Raw, vegan, and A.MAZ.ING!

My wonderful husband treated me to the restaurant  

And what a treat it was!! More on that soon! 

We made another trip to Whole Foods to pick up some food for me to take on our trip. We are leaving this morning to go to visit my family for a bit and take the kiddos and my neice to a rangers game, ft worth zoo, and dino world. SO EXCITED! I was also super excited to see that they had a wonderful "raw" aisle. I dont know why I didnt see it the first time we went, but I WAS STOKED to see some of the yummy treats lurking on that aisle. I picked up some goodies to take with me to the rangers game, zoo, etc  so I would have something to munch on while they were eating popcorn and candy. 
I picked up some of these raw bars:
Flax bar, banana bread flax bar and granola bar. I am really excited to try them!

Of course, I HAD to get something yummy for dessert. My mom has the same sweet tooth I do and I just know that there will be tempting sweets in her house. I wanted to be prepared and know that this yummy chocolate tart will do the trick! 
Apparently, raw chocolate {cacao} is one of the highest sources of antioxidants and improves blood flow, reduces inflammation, and supports weight management. Raw chocolate is GOOD for you and HELPS you loose weight! wow! Can't argue with that!!



post signature

No comments: